Sunday, October 18, 2009

I wanna cook

A sudden hoard of emotions gushed through me as i walked down the supermarket aisle today. I had the urge to grab a basket and pick up ingredients to cook.


The urge to whip up some creamy scrambled eggs perfumed with truffle oil then pile them over toasts; the urge to stack silvers of smoked salmon on english muffins, poach eggs & whisk up smooth runny hollandaise sauce.... But NO, i CAN'T.



I miss preparing sunday breakfasts.


I miss my time in the kitchen. I miss hearing the sizzles in the pan. I miss watching my bakes in the oven. I miss the aroma of freshly made food.


Once the exams are over, i swear to camp in the kitchen. Immerse myself in food, cooking & baking. I'll entertain. Host teatime parties. Plan 5-course dinners. Do the things which genuinely pleases myself...



I'm sorry for the haphazard entry.
I really needed to release.

Countdown: 43 more days to kitchen freedom.

7 comments:

  1. Haha, can I self-invite myself to your 5-courses dinner? Anyway, good luck!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey.. if mfd is coming for the 5 course dinner then count me in too! hehe. actually, i'm not that greedy. heeh breakfast would do fine too! hehe. Hang in there girl.. I can smell freedom coming for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, can I invite myself to your imminent breakkie or dinner? I don't mind to pay too!Haha..(half-serious). You should start up personal catering as your part time job eh!
    --adel
    P/S Looking forward to your cooking posts and perhaps invitation hehe:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you girls for your confidence in me! (even when uncertain if my food is up to mark or not oops)

    well when my skills are finally up to mark, i would certainly wish to organize a session with u girls. how bout starting with a potluck first hehe =p

    I wanna try sihan's bakes too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. potluck? okay okay.. i don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. heya, probably in the future all the restaurant will serve all day breakfast! Seems like everybody enjoyed breakfast a lot. And Elaine, you took very good pictures!

    Breakfast, kitchen and baking are coming in your way soon! All the best! cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin